Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
May my struggles and hardships help others, lol.
1. High quality, high thread count muslin is a must.
2. This is an excellent place to use those beautiful but thin fabrics that have crept into your stash...they'll be backed and tacked down by several layers of that muslin.
3. I used to find ironing soothing, now I know how long it takes for steam burns to heal.
4. I once considered learning something about origami, I'm over it.
5. Reminding yourself repeatedly that this is going to be beautiful and you really wanted to try this pattern...does not help.
6. You don't own enough pins.
7. The button on your sewing machine with the u-turn symbol, is your backtack..it's a useful button after all.
8. All of the machine stitched methods for making this quilt are hideously ugly, quit wasting time and fabric trying them and just get on with it.
9. The dreaded double wedding ring is so much easier than this.
10. Your niece already knows you're making this for her, there is no getting out of it now.