Inspiring Quilters, Stitch by Stitch
This swap will be for reproduction fabrics. You can use civil war or 30’s fabrics. I personally have way to many 30’s fabrics around that want to be a quilt.
Make the blocks 121/2 inch square pieced (Not appliqué). 12 1/2 inch finishes to 12 inch
Please use a solid slightly off white background. I am using Kona Snow. It’s not expensive and pairs wonderfully with these fabrics.
Make as many blocks as the number of swappers we have. I’m going for 12 to 16
When finished you will mail all of your blocks but the one you keep for yourself to me and I will shuffle them all up and mail them back to you.
When you mail them in please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope for me to mail it back to you.
I don’t want this to drag out as summer will be here before we know it so the deadline for sign up is
January 31st and blocks due back to me on March 15th.
this will be fun. Just comment below and I will add you to the list :))
1. Connie Wilkerson - 30’s fabric - Double Pinwheel
2. Jean McCusker - 30’s fabric - Ohio Star
3. Jean McCusker - Civil War fabric - Ohio Star
4. Chris Michelle - Basket Block
5. Jackie Baker - Civil War fabric - Friendship Star
6. Beth North - 30’s fabric - Brasstown Star
7. Beth North - Civil War fabric - Brasstown Star
8. Noelle Chase - 30’s fabric - Jam Stars
9. Wilma Schirra-Kays -
10. Connie Wilkerson - Civil War fabric - Eccentric Star.
11. Mystery Swapper - 30’s fabric - Hope of Hartford
12. Mystery Swapper - Civil War fabric - Shooting Star
We are doing 12 of each option. I just thought I might throw that out there in case it wasn’t clear I am working on mine. How is everyone else doing?
Wait what? So we are doing a total of 24 blocks? I thought it was one or the other. I just wanted to get clarification. I have never bought any 30’s fabric. I dont even know where to get that. I thought we were picking one or the other and just doing. 12.
That would be if you signed up for both. If you only signed up for civil war you just make the 12.
Love these Carla. I know which one I want :))
Very good to see you in this swap, Carla. I think your blocks are great.
Love it :))
good fabric choice