I have only made small quilts for two reasons.  One size is 16"x16" and I make those for the Alliance for American Quilts annual contest.  I also make quilts that are 9"x12" or less for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  I don't know what else I could make small quilts for.

Views: 382

Replies to This Discussion

Wow Audrey!  That's really neat!!!  Do you quilt for any other organizations?  I do a few that come my way, but the only other regular one I do is "Quilts for Kids".

I'm still amazed at how much your quilts have earned!!!  I'm hoping I hit the $1000 mark with the ones that sold in Houston.

How long have you been doing this?

I started donating to AAQI during the summer of 2006.  So far I haven't done any other charity quilting.  AAQI just seems right for me.  I have lots of ideas for these quilts.  I prefer piecing, but occasionally I do some with fusible appliques. 

Hi, my first minis where for a friend's dollhouse  and the blocks were 1/4" small, I made a bedquilt , wallhanging and pillow with a patriotic theme and she was just hrilled to receive them. that's the smallest I have ever done, now I just save all my dogears and anothing over an inch square for doll quilts.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service