August 2019 - Fat Quarters (apx 18" x 23") - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (closed)

This is a fun swap for those of us who have ever purchased fabric while delirious or otherwise mentally incapacitated.  In other words, it is time to give up some of that ugly fabric that you have hidden in embarrassment from your more sane friends.

How this will work:

Start with 12 ziplock bags.  Insert a generous fat quarter (1) into each bag.  Mail in 11 bags, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to get back 11 bags of even uglier fabric from the other participants.  This is all in fun, of course, to see who can come up with a great quilt using these fabrics.  Don't be embarrassed, we have all done it.  Now let's see who is brave enough to own up to their mistakes.

1.  Kathy G

2.   Wilma S    9405 5036 9930 0099 6663 46

3.  Connie W.  N/A

4.  Colleen F  9405 5036 9930 0099 6663 53

Views: 232

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I have some ugly stuff that I will gladly share with others for even uglier fabric.  

Ha ha ha, so glad you could join us.

I'll join.  Not sure what I'll use yet, but I'll find something.

I definitely have some ( What the heck was I thinking?) fabrics on my shelves- this will be fun! Count me in. 

I am so happy to find so many brave women.....lol  I can't wait to see what we get.  This could actually be a lot of fun.

I will play in this one.

Count me in on this one. I love creating with ugly fabrics

This is just a little reminder to everyone who has signed up for this swap, that August is almost here.  I know that it has been a while since everyone signed up and that sometimes life gets in the way of doing things.  So if anyone needs to bow out of this swap, please let me know.

If anyone else, would like to sign up, please let me know that also.  Thanks everyone for joining in, this should be fun.

I'm sorry. I won't be able to do this, due to health problems.

Is this swap still on with only 5 swappers.

Hopefully we will get more.

Just a little reminder, this swap is on for August.  If anyone else would like to join in the fun, please let me know.  You have until the end of the month to get your fabric to me.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service