Come one come all who want to focus on using up your stash.  Set your goals if you like or just come on into the group to keep yourself on track.  All are accepted.  

Views: 284

Replies to This Discussion

Beth, I'd like to report 29 masks made from my stash - either with side or top and bottom ties as in these pictures, for the 2020 Stash Busting Challenge.  I know all my other friends made way more but I laboured over mine a long time. LOL

4 yds out

You are rocking girl.

Elizabeth Phillip's " Half -framed 4 patch

copied this from your fb posting, Liz...hope that was ok!

Thank you, Riana.  I don't know how I messed up yesterday when I was sure I added this quilt and its backing to the Stash Busting Challenge 2020.  Today I was in the elevator going down to get the car with Hubby to pick up a p*********** I phoned in a few days ago.  Notice that someone had tested positive and the drug store was closed.  We drove to the drug store for further instruction and told to go to the next Shoppers Drug Mart but needed the empty bottle.  Hubby retrieved the empty bottle and we went to that drug store but he would not refill order because other drug store would be open tomorrow after deep cleaning.  But if not we could come back tomorrow if drug store is not open.

Beth, I am doing the Laundry Basket Quilts free Quilt-along.  And I'm using mostly the stash I inherited from someone who died recently in my extended family.  I am using blue, white, red with darks and lights of each.  Riana, I am sewing Block 7 and have cut Block 8.  Each block has 4 or 8 repeats and are 6 1/2".  Instructions are so good and all my blocks are turning out as perfectly as I can get them.  This project is helping relieve my stress and making me feel better.

The Laundry Basket quilt is really nice.

I am drawn to that mystery, but would have to hurry and get some blocks done.  Oh help focus.  I do have a fat quarter bundle that I won last year for the Row by Row quilt and also have some fabrics in my stash that would coordinate with it.  Oh the choices.

While I am not registered this year for stashbusting (forgot)...I have been doing my share.  I have made 52 (so far) masks for local hospital drive (sewing group made a total of 1300, I contribute 21).  The rest of the masks have been going to family and friends who have asked for them.  Then I am working on the Laundry Basket Quilt-a-Long, using nothing but stash and scraps.  Today another quilt pattern came out from Quiltville Bonnie.  Oh boy, what to do.

Ginny is right, join in anytime.  

Wilma, I think you can join anytime - not just at the beginning of the year. Just give us a yardage goal for the year and dig in! 

I will try for 25 yards

I have three more tops done.  I really need to get to quilting now.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service