I didn't know where to put this post....

My question is, how often do you have your machine serviced?  Mine is supposed to be done yearly, but it's been three years.  Am I the only one who isn't diligent about keeping their machine serviced regularly?

Thanks.

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this may sound silly, but where do you oil it? My manual doesn't say a WORD about oiling the machine...

I don't want to do it wrong!

You machine may not need oiling.  I have two machines.  One is computerized and doesn't get oiled.  If it was supposed to, then it for sure would be in the manual.  My other machine is mechanical and it does get oil.  So I'm guessing your machine is computerized.  I do know that when I take the computerized one in for servicing there are certain internal parts that get greased, but that's for the service professionals to do (unless you feel like taking your machine apart!).  So yea, if the manual says nothing about it, then definitely don't oil anything or you could cause damage.

Depends on how much you use your machine - and what for.  Since I use mine to do my quilting - both piecing and quilting it, it really should be serviced a couple of times a year - batting lint gets into its inner workings and there are parts I can't get to, to clean.  However, in answer to the second part of your question - no, you're not the only one.  I get mine in once a year - and my "backup" machine hasn't been in for two years, because it doesn't have a maintenance agreement on it!  It needs a tuneup badly.  Quilting is hard on machines, I think - and yearly is probably barely enough, if that's what you use it for.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service