Hi everyone i'm from northern ontario canada. the winters are very long, our summers are great and full of bugs. id love to make a mosquito  wall hanging, maybe just one large one for the camp. anybody have ideas?  ive been making quilts since i was 10 years and still have lots to learn. very limited on fabric up here,  mail order may be my next bet. anyways hope to hear from all of you .

Views: 2331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Laurie,Although I'm American I go to Ontario periodically as my best friend lives on Lake Muskoka (Port Carling).  I did find a nice quilt shop up that way; I think it was in Bracebridge.

Hey , Leslie, l used to live near there , between Bracebridge & Huntsville. My drapery shop was in Huntsville, and my dad lived near Pt. Carling. There's also l great shop in Huntsville called "Gone Quilting", can't remember name of one in Bracebridge, but it was nice too.Also there's a b&b/ retreat near ( north) of Pt. C. called "Quilters' miss bee haven".:)

I'll have to keep all that in mind.  I hope to go up to Ontario in March, possible April. 

Hello Betty!  It's lovely to meet you.  I've never been to Canada.  I lived in Wisconsin when I was little, but that's as close as I've ever been.  I've heard it's beautiful.  My husband wants to vacation up there someday.  What kind of quilting do you do?

Hi Laurie,

I found this page on the web that has lots of colouring pages for children, including insects, etc. You could perhaps use one of the outline drawings and applique the insect.http://picturesforcoloring.com/2012/04/insect-coloring-pages-for-ch...

Sounds like lots of fun,

regards,

Irmgard (north of Toronto)

Irmgard, this is a great site!  Wonderful images for kids!  I might have to use these for my grandchildren.  Thanks!

Hello Laurie!  Welcome.  This is a great group and you will enjoy the conversation and friendships.  Carol Mitchell

If you want to find some great quilting fabric on line try this web site great prices and so far I have loved all the material they have sent me http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/index.cfm

I'm new on this site too, Laurie.  I live in the northwoods of WI (not quite as far north as you), and our winters get very long too.  Have you searched the Internet for "mosquito images"?  You could then enlarge one that you like to the size you want, and machine applique it to a background (pieced or wholecloth).  I think it would be cute.

Hi from Ottawa, Ontario! Nice to see another Canadian on here there are a few good places that are decent in prices for delivery to Canada try Connecting Threads or Hancock Fabrics. My SIL is in Claremont NH and they have this cute little quilt store there that are amazingly friendly called Four Pines Quilting they are just now setting up they're website for the fabrics they have it's all high quality fabric everything is $8.50 a yard and the Batiks are $10 a yard. They will cut it as small or large as you need, they also carry a full line of threads and supplies.

We have a great quilt store in the city here as well The Running Stitch they were actually showcased in one of the Better Homes and Gardens Quilt Shops last year. If there is something in particular your looking for let me know I can see if they have it here.

Sheila H.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service