Ive just finished reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. What a fantastic book. She is such a talented writer? I also love Anita Shreeve, another Fabulous American author. As a hand quilter it sometimes gets too warm in the summer to sit draped in a quilt and it's easier to sit with a book.

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a wonderful book! You might also like Unbroken, true story of WWII POW.  A bit grizzly at times, but REALLY good, thought-provoking.

I'm halfway through "Wild" and I was just sure I wouldn't like it but I am thoroughly enjoying it.  What an experience this woman had!

If you like historical fiction about pioneer women, may I suggest some of my books? The Trail of Thread series is a favorite among quilters too. Here's my author website to see all my books. http://www.lindahubalek.com/

Oh, and if you have a Kindle you can get my "Planting Dreams" free on Aug. 18 & 19. Just click on the book title to go direct to Amazon to download it.

Enjoy! Linda Hubalek

The highlight of my summer listening (talking books as I sew[applique with a fan on in the summer]) was The Help.  The various voices for each chapter added so much.  I'm told the movie is worthy of the book..afraid to risk it. 

I just finished reading "the lake house" by james patterson.............once I start a book, I hate to give up on it, but this one was really stupid.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service