Taurus – April 21 to May 20 Taurus is the quilter who always finishes a project, as they are persistent and determined. When attending workshops or using a pattern they will follow every instruction to the letter. They can be greedy when it comes to their stash, as they know the value of material. They save every bit of scrap. However, they are warmhearted and loving to such a degree that they have given away nearly every quilt they have ever made. They are gifted artists, excelling at sewing, patchwork and quilting. The stitching in their quilts is of such high quality that their quilts will endure for eons.

and now i can better explain why i have no UFO's ... i can't! i am taurus! lollol

http://www.checkernewsletter.com/?p=405

cleaning out my bookmarks...yeah...i really do this! found this link. it is a keeper ... check it out...fun

Views: 386

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok...cracking up before i finished reading ...yah it does sound like the "you" we hace come to know and love, for sure! except they left out the part of we should follow you when we are wandering antique stores looking for vintage quilting books/mags. :))

yeah, i'm afraid mine was straight on point. LOLOL

yet another thing we have in common rogue, I love reading this stuff. also numerology. it think it's very interesting. and why not? moon/planet phases etc. effect everything on the planet. why not us?

exactly. i love numerology. introduced my then teen son to it...he found it as fascinating as i do. then one day in walmart he spotted a huge book on astrology, which i had been reading to him out of every written source of anything with words in it, for most of his life. poor guy. but he survived. anyway, he saw this book and we sat and read while blocking the isles for awhile. something we used to do a lot lollol. but then we just "gotta buy it, mom!" ....ok. so...now we, and well of recent years, just me...look up every ones sign, birth hour, day etc etc and myohmyohmy...lollololl....my grand daughters, dil mil and so many of the poor folks whose lives have become intertwined with that of this strange lil 'ol woman.... everything is so spot SPOT ON!!!!! course i even looked up lady gaga and a few other notables. hahahaha you can get anything on anyone off the net these days. sooooo glad i am not rich or famous!!!!

Pisces – February 19 and March 20 Pisces are dreamers. When they quilt they usually are creating poetry. Although they are kind and make projects to bestow on friends and family they are most likely envisioning themselves snuggled beneath the very quilt they are working on. Although they can lack self-confidence their imagination and intuition makes them artistic quilters. There sensitivity can lead them to shy away from displaying their creations. Generally you will find that a Pisces has more then one project on the go and can easily manage both. Whatever they choose to work on they need a project that requires plenty of variety. Patchwork that includes embroidery or other needlework is well liked by them.

I don't know if this is really me.  I do like variety and am very particular about my quilts.  But I love to hear others opinions on them.

your quilts that you have pictured here are so soft and pretty. and the one that you did for your nephew last year was amazing. and it looks to me like they all go for someone you care about or love...so...my humble opinion here....yah this is you. and you certainly seem to have something going on all the time... :)) probably why you are not posting as often as i or some others do...w the exception of carla! i think she types w one hand, sews with the other, makes cheese cakes when she isn't at work where she is lifting boxes w one hand and tapping away w the other....:))

hey hey hey......be nice. I can't have both you and the moon phases knowing me so well. LOL now ...off to work!

I am Taurus to :) weird how close that is.

yah..it is. interesting that some descriptions are closer than others. but the taurus is almost spot on for me. except as time passes i have become more comfortable with changing the "rules". guess it is the aquarious "rising" in my personal horoscope...sign of changes...and oh i do, do changes and rather well lollol at least most of my experiments turn out rather well.

"Aries – March 21 to April 20 Aries are adventurous and energetic quilters. They are forever looking for new ideas. The whole world to them is a palette of endless possibilities. Always confident, they use colour schemes that others wouldn’t dare consider. Their enthusiasm can cause them to lose track of time when working on a project and they have been known to go days without sleep. Being impulsive by nature, they generally don’t bother reading the instructions for designs. Of course, as far as they are concerned the patterns are just to give them more ideas. Aries have a talent for the arts and make excellent designers. They don’t follow techniques; they invent them. Their quilt designs are the envy of many."

Wow -- mostly true except for the last part. Da#m the instructions, full speed ahead!

Gemini – May 21 to June 21 If Gemini has been fortunate enough to discover a tutor that has guided their enthusiasm, their quilts will be imaginative and versatile. If they are self-taught quilters they will have a treasure trove of books, magazines, quilting supplies and every innovation related to quilting but they probably do not have a single finished quilt. This won’t bother them though as they will convince everyone, including themselves, that this was always their plan. Being youthful they love funky projects that use bright fabrics and dazzling threads; being romantic they love traditional quilts made with soft pastels and florals; being whimsical they love the country theme and flannels; being Gemini they love it all! Being very good with words, they will likely go on to author books as experts on patchwork and quilting – having never finished a single project.

Ok, good thing Gemini is Twins...Self taught for most part, yes, trove of books/mags, no- not really, but am now slowly adding to that. I purchase it, I keep it-can't think of 1 book I've given up. Nope, I have minimal supplies, frugal. I have had 1 ruler, square, cutter & matte for I don't know how long-Just recently purchased additional however. Just starting to get into what I consider 'funky/bright',,, no dazzline threads or embellishments yet tried-but do have ideas of things I'd like to try. Started w/traditional & is my go-to. Not so much on flannel-too many animals. Country-heck yes. I can butcher the English language, but have been told I'm a great teacher/instructor. I have so finished a project, quite a few actually! LOL! :-) I have retrained myself to not have so many projects going at once. DH complained too much. I am proud to say that I had set March as my month to finish UFO/WIPS...so far I am on right track. I have 2 tops remaining to quilt and 1 likely to be unstitched & give myself a re-do with the fabric. OH, and 2 more in closet. I can't wrap my head around Kaffee Fassett (sp)? or that style...flashback to 70's ,,, gosh only a couple of years ago I purchased my first batiks.

Thanks, that was fun!

i am not a fasset fan either. i used to be...when i was still knitting :)). i am dark he is uber bright lol...yeah his fabrics definitely have a bit of the 70's glow.

glad you thought this was fun.....and i'll send you my addy, so when you weite your first book you can send me an autographed copy!

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service