Taurus – April 21 to May 20 Taurus is the quilter who always finishes a project, as they are persistent and determined. When attending workshops or using a pattern they will follow every instruction to the letter. They can be greedy when it comes to their stash, as they know the value of material. They save every bit of scrap. However, they are warmhearted and loving to such a degree that they have given away nearly every quilt they have ever made. They are gifted artists, excelling at sewing, patchwork and quilting. The stitching in their quilts is of such high quality that their quilts will endure for eons.

and now i can better explain why i have no UFO's ... i can't! i am taurus! lollol

http://www.checkernewsletter.com/?p=405

cleaning out my bookmarks...yeah...i really do this! found this link. it is a keeper ... check it out...fun

Views: 388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite historic christian romance is written by Francine Rivers called the Mark of the Lion Series.  It is written about the days of the gladiators.  She used to be a secular writer until she became a christian.  I highly recommend her novels if you like history.

i never got into Twilight 'cause i don't think vampires should twinkle ~~~hahaha~~~

i have totally goteen into Amish romance novels. i like how very happy and sweet they are. i no longer let myself read all night. life goes better when i fit my sleep sched to my hubby's ;-)

I hardly ever read romance but I got hooked on Diana Galbadon way back when.  I was traveling with my mother, father, and three daughters and I ran out of books to read.  The  first time I was ever in a Walmart there was a book section.  Nothing looked very interesting but this one.  I started reading and I could not put it down. One of the few book series that I have read over and over again. 

when i go to the (used) book store, i have my list in hand, title & authors. and then i only buy "fat" books, because when ya gotta drive an hour one way for a book..you want it to last. i have two stores, same owners, where i can trade my used books for used books and if i take in more than i can find to "buy" that i haven't already read, then i build up credit for nxt trip. works well. my only problem is finding books i haven't read lollol!

i seldom read historical fiction any more, used to read a lot of it. plus biographys of historical figures like rommel etc. couple weeks ago, going thru a closet getting stuff to take to thrift store i found a zoe oldenburg novel "the world is not enough" - not a romance. very rich in detail and word imagry. forgot what an excellent writer she is. and quite a departure from my usual military scifi.
i love Grimm!!! i was/am totally into Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, so had to give this series a try! i have some of Buffy on DVD and all of Angel. ;-)

I am not a very good series watcher. I lose interest after a year or so.  We will see how long I watch these.  I think that is why I love Netflix, I can watch a series one episode after another, no commercials and watch what  i want when I want. 

i get into a series if i am attracted by the characters. i have to find them interesting, attractive, well-developed, or something to draw me in. i also like puzzles, so i mostly watch crime shows.

I am with you.  I love crime shows.  The British seem to have dozens too which are so cool to watch.  I never realized that many of my favorite authors have crime shows based upon their novels in Britain, so watching them is like revisiting old friends. 

i am considered by my family and puzzeler friends to be a hardcore puzzle fanatic and whiz :)) ...never thought of a parallel between character & story line development of a tv show w puzzles tho. i compare quiltmaking w puzzels all the time. but i think you made an interesting point there suzann.

hmmm...perhaps i need to rethink my television thinking and figure out how to more explore what is on and when?

collette, my son & i used to watch bbc cop shows and the bbc mystery hour where we used to live. really great acting. we loved the shows...he kept track of what & when to sit and watch. we get bbc here but none of the shows we used to watch. jelen mirren was in a couple of them. lover her acting and character portrayal.
i am very into patterns. not the kind used to sew, but the kind in mysteries, quilting, puzzles, etc. i love the patterns letters make (aka: words and writing). i even love watching the NBA Spurs play basketball 'cause they are the first team that i could totally see their patterns. my husband calls their moves "plays", but i see their circles as patterns. ~~hehe~~ i love to read mysteries and watch them, too. i even see my love of patterns in other aspects of my life. i like themes and color schemes. use it decorating my table when i set it. use it when wrapping gifts.
this place won't let me post under your comment collette...so i came down here.

i have read about diane cannon's bio. i remember her character as a rebellious teen in one of my grandmothers fav soap operas when i was growing up. cannnon has been around so long. i never thought of her as that great an actress. good character actreess. ergo, had thought about looking for the letters fr carie book. but other great books keep junping out at me. maybe someday. i am a kismet mentality. if i should it will. lollol

michigan - that makes you ? central time? so..your 10 would be our 8? will look for the viking then. kinda late but we both sleep in on weekends so not a big deal to stay up a bit longer on sunday night. he up at 3:30a me 5:00a weekdays.

I think Dian Cannon's claim to fame was that she was married to Carrie Grant.  And she is a big NBA Los Angeles Laker's Fan.  I am actually on East coast time.  My 10pm is 7 pm for the west coast.  Which is hilarious because my mother still can't grasp the concept of the time difference, and she is constantly calling me at 10 her time which is 1am my time.  I get back at her though after she did it dozens of time I called her one morning at 8:30 my time which was 5:30 her time.  I could just hear my dad laughing in the background saying paybacks suck. 

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service