Come one come all who want to focus on using up your stash.  Set your goals if you like or just come on into the group to keep yourself on track.  All are accepted.  

Views: 284

Replies to This Discussion

Getting the Irish Chain quilt quilted right now.  Put one of mine on the frame inbetween customers.  Need to get it done for when they let us go to the Accpuncturist (needle doctor) again.  She is so good to me.  I could stand to be there right now so I could get a good night sleep.  Hips hurt so bad that I get woke up several times a night.

Beth, I have made 14 face masks with ties -all from my stash.  They should count for the Stash Busting 2020 Challenge.  I've been posting various photos of them on the UFO site, but in my hurry to distribute them I did not take a picture of all of them together.

They will if you are reporting stash used.

One more row to go and I will have finished piecing the Laundry Basket Quilt.  Must say, I used a ton of my stash, but oh those little pieces....LOL.  Have distributed 80 masks to friends, family and local hospital and have about 30 more to make.  Ran out of elastic (a hot commodity nowadays), so cut 1” strips from an old t-shirt.  Worked great.

Beth, put me down for 40 yards of stash busting.  I will have to calculate the quilt and masks and send updated info.

Here is a picture of quilt and mask.

Hoping I can get in gear to do this quilt.  It is so beautiful.

It's been a while and I have been sewing and finishing things. With all of the masks I've made for family, the tote bag, and my son's calendar holder, I am going to say 6 yds. out and 0 in for the week, Beth. 

Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see some finishes here and using the stash. 

I have 1.75 yards to report in.  One yard I did buy for SIL quilt that I am making for them.  Then I received in 3 fat quarters as a gift from Angela Walters because she messed up my order last November.  How sweet of her.  I am blessed she found my email response to her and handled it.  Such great customer service.  

On the good side, not that getting fabric isn't good, I have gone thru about five yards of fabric for masks.  I made 62 of them so far.  Hoping no more are necessary.  

Well let’s bust some stash....170 masks completed.  At approximately 10 per yard, that’s 17 yards out and a tired sewer and machine.  Also did the Laundry Basket Mystery 2020 quilt was 4-1/2 yards.  Feels good to use up 21-1/2 yards so far, and nothing in.  First time in a long time no fabric purchases.

Incredible! Wilma.  Congratulations on all those masks!  And I really love your LBQ.  I am ready to sew Block 15.  You are an inspiration to me!

Beth!  Wilma is a REAL stash buster.

That she is.  Someone told me they were surprised there was a line at Joann Fabrics for people buying up fabric.  Now who would have thought our stash was a bother.  We have been smart all these years. LOL

Seems alot of us were busy making masks.  I only made a total of about 25 or so but do not remember if I posted them or not.

I will try and remember better in the future.

RSS

Welcome Quilters!

MyQuiltPlace.com is brought to you entirely free as a service of the American Quilter's Society. We hope you enjoy meeting one another and sharing your experience and expertise. Enjoy!

American Quilter's Society

--Advertisement--

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by American Quilter's Society.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service